What is ADS-B?
ADS-B stands for “Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast”.
ADS-B is information that is transmitted with the transponder signal.
This information contains GPS/NMEA data (position, height and speed),
airplane identification and transponder identification.
Click here to download this image/poster, in high resolution.
Use this to encourage the use of ADS-B!
The advantages of ADS-B
- Live tracking capabilities
- Enhanced visibility and accuracy, compared to the conventional radar systems
- Through ACAS (Airborne Collision Avoidance System) possible collisions between aircraft can be detected and prevented
- ADS-B has a greater range, compared to FLARM
- Possibility for Search & Rescue to determine a position fix, in case of emergency